churchOur Parish is part of the Archdiocese of Melbourne, located in Sandringham, a Bayside suburb of Melbourne.

We warmly welcome newcomers and visitors to our Parish.  The church has wheelchair access.

We are twinned with the Parish of Remexio in East Timor and we provide regular financial support to the people of that district.

Sacred Heart Church building was blessed by Archbishop Carr on 18 March 1906.  Sacred Heart was a part of St James Parish Elsternwick and the Parish Priest at the time was Rev. Michael C. Gough. In 1914 Sacred Heart became a Parish in its own right and the first Parish Priest was Fr. William B. Mangan. The present church was opened and blessed by Bishop John A Kelly on 15 August 1974 when Rev. J. A. Scarborough was Parish Priest.  The building underwent a major renovation in 2010 and its beautiful new glass doors and windows were blessed on 28 November 2010.

glass-doorsThe first permanent school was built in 1912 and it was about this time that the Presentation Sisters first came into the parish.  The new school, built in 1970, now has 230 students and is located alongside the Church at 11 Fernhill Road North, Sandringham.

The School can be contacted on phone 03-9598-9322 or via the School website www.shsandringham.catholic.edu.au

We respectfully acknowledge the Australian Aboriginal peoples and especially the Boonerwrung people of the Kulin Nation, who are the traditional owners and custodians of the  Sandringham area.